Monday, June 22, 2009

I am Finally Retiring

I took a few years out when my kids were small, but I have worked every day since high school, so it is with great excitement that I will finally retire at the end of this month. I have a million housy projects I want to do, books to read, movies to watch, and two gloriously sweet and smart grandchildren to spoil. Oh, yes, I want to sleep in! Getting up in the mornings has become so hard for me. I've always been a morning person, but in the last few years, aging has changed that.

Since I announced my retirement about six months ago, I've been counting how many Mondays I have left. As of today, I have just one more. That sounds very good. Of course, I'm very superstitious. I'm worried I'll get hit by a train coming home on June 30 and not live to enjoy my retirement. I had a dream last night that HR came to tell me that as of today I had to transfer to the Library. I was told the job I've held for that last six and a half years in the College of Business Dean's office was illegal! That I should never have been given the job! Boy, did I have a snit over that! I guess my brain is having trouble believing I really won't have to go to work anymore. As my husband says, I'm FIIGMO! (Yeah, you have to have been in the Air Force to understand that one. Something about "...I got my orders!") So, let 'em just try to transfer me to the Library.

2 comments: