Friday, July 31, 2009

Speaking in Tongues

I have never really understood what "speaking in tongues" means until this afternoon when my husband started doing so. After a trip to Costco to purchase a TV for my bedroom, we found when we got it home that it is really too big for the room. That caused Dan to collapse in a puddle and start blathering. It was a good ten minutes before he started to use English again. Teddy and I both hid under the bed while this was going on. However, I must say Dan never articulated so well how he felt about something before.

So that started a frenzy of musical TVs in our house. The new TV went to Dan's bedroom, that TV came out to the family room, the family room TV, which was just resurrected from storage yesterday, is probably going back. We will be back to Costco tomorrow to get a new TV for me, but in the meantime, the tiny little TV from the kitchen counter was moved to my bedroom.

I know, for only two people, we are way over the legal limit for TVs per household. We probably should join a group for addicted TV watchers. Yeah, sure, right after I watch CSI Miami, Saving Grace, Drop Dead Diva, old Maverick reruns...

1 comment:

  1. We are so with you on the TV addiction! We have one in our living room, which can be seen in the eat-in kitchen, one in our room, one in our basement (unfinished, but Shannon's temp. office) and wait for it.... one in our garage! All with their own converter boxes too. GEESH!

    ReplyDelete