Thursday, January 16, 2020

Life After Facebook

Yesterday I dropped out of Facebook, Twitter, and I'm close to leaving Instagram. In addition, I'm limiting my time watching cable news. America's politics are killing me.

I'm trying to figure out what to do instead. I'm retired so I have a lot of time on my hands. I have some neurological issues that keep me housebound. It's hard to avoid all political items no matter the platform, so I do crossword puzzles, cruise Pinterest, shop on Amazon, work on simple craft projects, try new recipes, watch non-political TV, and binge-watch videos on streaming services. But, I miss snarking on Facebook and Twitter. I have honed sarcasm to a good (or bad?) level. I know this is a first-world problem, but here I am.

Before becoming neurologically challenged I gave dinner parties, made earrings and bracelets, cultivated my garden. My specialty was setting unique tablescapes. I don't have the energy, wherewithal, or will to do those things anymore.

I miss some of my Facebook friends. Former coworkers, international people I followed, and the cats. Yes, I'm a crazy cat lady. I am trying to follow them on Instagram, which is why I haven't quit that, too. I can still see photos of my children and grandchildren who I'm not able to visit very often. Trains and Uber are my friends. No planes though. Can't do that anymore.

I'm hoping that blogging will help with this transition. Anyone else experiencing this issue as well? I'd love to hear from you. 

I'll (hopefully) write more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment