Friday, April 15, 2011

Who'da Thunk? I'm Patriotic!


I heard it the other day. Someone said, “Move to Canada. American is dying!” Now that riles up my patriotism like nothing else could. I believe in our country and think that statement is as offensive as saying “God is dead.” If a long bloody civil war 150 years ago didn’t kill our nation, I do not believe anything can. America has lived through and prevailed over many bad times. The Great Depression, two world wars, several lesser wars, and good and bad politicians have not come close to bringing us to our knees. The hard economic time we are going through now is a part of the normal ups and downs of a capitalistic democracy. That good old Yankee ingenuity will kick in and we will solve this glitch in the road, too. We have to hang in there and support this country and never concede that it is dead. Never concede to any weaknesses. No offense to Canada, but America is the best country on this planet and will remain so for generations to come.

1 comment:

  1. You know what they call the ones that desert a sinking ship first: rats. And no, I don't believe we're sinking like the Titanic. You're absolutely right, this is cyclical, and we belong here. The U.S. has been good to me, personally, and good to the world, generally.

    Bravo, great post!

    ReplyDelete